To P8 from West Kiosk
- Directions from West Entrance to the P8 (about 20 minutes, without stops)
- Once entering through the West Kiosk, you will be in the original section of park. Enjoy scenic ocean vistas as you continue through the Fundy Trail.
- From the West Kiosk to P8 is about 10 kilometers, about a 20-minute drive without stops.
- Continuing on down the Parkway, you will have opportunity to stop at many lookouts and pull-over areas.
- Descending into the Salmon River valley, you will arrive at the only stop sign in the Parkway (apart from parking lot exits), continue straight through the stop sign, taking your next righthand turn into Parking Lot 8.
- The Big Salmon River Interpretive Centre is located just above P8, following the river, there is a small path up the driveway with a staircase leading to the Interpretive Centre. The staff will give you a parking pass before you set off on your adventure.
- After your check in at the Interpretive Centre, set off for the Hearst Lodge by hiking upstream toward the Suspension Footbridge.