To P8 from East Kiosk
- Directions from East Entrance to the P8 (about 30 minutes, without stops)
- Once entering through the East Kiosk, you will be in our newest section of park. This area is home to the Walton Glen Gorge, in Parking Lot 15 (P15).
- From the East Kiosk to the P8 (your access point to the Hearst Lodge) is 20 kilometers, about a 30-minute drive.
- Continuing straight on the Parkway, you will pass many scenic lookouts and pull-over stops along the way. Continue on the Parkway you will be counting down in numbers of parking lots and lookouts as you head west toward the Big Salmon River.
- 11 kilometers from the East Entrance you will pass Long Beach, and in another 8 kilometers, you will cross the Mitchell Franklin road bridge that spans the Big Salmon River.
- Across the bridge, continue uphill and take your first left turn into P8. Please park your vehicle here.
- The Big Salmon River Interpretive Centre is located just above P8, following the river, there is a small path up the driveway with a staircase leading to the Interpretive Centre. The staff will give you a parking pass before you set off on your adventure.
- After your check in at the Interpretive Centre, set off for the Hearst Lodge by hiking upstream toward the Suspension Footbridge.