To get to the Hearst Lodge, set out from Parking Lot 8 (P8). Make sure to check in with the Interpretive Centre at Big Salmon River so they can ensure you have everything you need, or get your bags sent up to the Lodge for you should you not want to carry them. The staff at the Big Salmon River Interpretive Centre will give you a parking pass for your vehicle.
To get to the Lodge:
- After checking in with the Interpretive Centre, hike up beside the Big Salmon River towards the Suspension Footbridge.
- Crossing the bridge, keep to your left and walk down a slight slope. The trailhead sets off upstream from the Big Salmon River through the woods.
- Following blue trail blazer, the trail skirts along the river with many scenic views.
- About 2.4 km from the Suspension Footbridge, you will arrive at the Hearst Lodge.
- Pop into the Main Lodge and an Interpreter will show you to your cabin.