Feast like a lumberjack at the Fundy Trail
SALMON RIVER, New Brunswick – The Fundy Trail Parkway has teamed up with Crosby Molasses and G.E. Barbour to tell the lumbering history of the Fundy Trail through food, stories and music at the Fundy Trail Cookhouse.
The Fundy Trail Cookhouse is open for interpretation, pre-booked authentic dining experiences and available to rent as a meeting space.
To celebrate the history and connection with Crosby Molasses and G.E. Barbour’s King Cole Tea, the Fundy Trail is hosting Molasses Cookie and Tea Socials with samplings of each. These events are taking place on Wednesdays at 2:00 PM at the Cookhouse through the end of the season. The Fundy Trail Parkway is open daily 9am – 5pm through October 16th.
People who visit the Fundy Trail Parkway Cookhouse can enter a draw to win a gift basket from Crosby, G.E. Barbour and the Fundy Trail. The contest will start on September 20th and the draw for the prize basket will take place on October 16th.
Crosby has been importing the world’s finest molasses to the East Coast of Canada, since 1879. Molasses was a staple in the diets of lumberjacks wintering in camps along the Bay of Fundy coast. In what is now the Fundy Trail Parkway, the village of Big Salmon River was a thriving lumbering and ship building village.
G.E Barbour Inc. has been importing goods from around the world since 1867. King Cole Tea has been keeping lumbermen, and others, warm during the harsh winter months and then offering a calming respite anytime of the year for over 110 years.
Kristen | Fundy Trail Parkway