To P6 from East Kiosk
Directions from East Entrance to the Cookhouse (about 30 minutes, without stops):
- Once entering through the East Kiosk, you will be in our newest section of park. This area is home to the Walton Glen Gorge, in Parking Lot 15 (P15).
- From the East Kiosk to the Cookhouse is 20 kilometers, about a 30-minute drive.
- Continuing straight on the Parkway, you will pass many scenic lookouts and pull-over stops along the way. Continue on the Parkway you will be counting down in numbers of parking lots and lookouts as you head west toward the Cookhouse.
- 11 kilometers from the East Entrance you will pass Long Beach, and in another 8 kilometers, you will cross the Mitchell Franklin road bridge that spans the Big Salmon River.
- Across the bridge, continue uphill and take your second left turn into P6.
- The Cookhouse is located just below P6, so please park your vehicle in this parking area and use the trail down to the Cookhouse. The trail is found at the left-hand side of the parking lot, facing the ocean.
- Accessible parking is available just in front of the Cookhouse. Instead of parking near the picnic tables, veer left down a slight hill. The Cookhouse is to your right.